The Sales Representative for the construction market is responsible for increasing sales in this market segment by developing new distribution outlets and developing full market potential of existing accounts. Also responsible for identifying new product opportunities and specification.
Job Responsibilities, tasks, and candidate attributes
- Execute the yearly sales budget, prioritize and implement initiatives, evaluate and take actions against key performance indicators.
- Works with existing or new distributors to secure and increase market share.
- Train inside and outside distributor sales force.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition
- Monitor quotations, sales terms, delivery commitments, freight terms, and promotions.
- Represent Nomaco at trade shows.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and proposed areas of client expansion.
- Maintain accurate records and sales pipeline within salesforce.com.
- Work with a long-term perspective in addressing customer’s issues.
- Understand how to control sales budgets and expenses, and knows how to adjust accordingly.
- Demonstrates market and competitor awareness.
- Foster and develop effective cross-functional working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in the construction market with a proven track record, preferably within the concrete industry.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and changing priorities while providing the highest service quality.
- Excellent phone and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of a personal computer utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Exhibits a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work flexible hours as the business need arises.
- Must be highly service-oriented, with the ability to handle high-stress situations