The newest addition to the Nomaflex joint filler system, the Nomaflex Cutter is an innovative scoring tool that enables installers to create a void when sealant is required, eliminating the need for a separate void cap system.
The easy-to-use Nomaflex Cutter enables concrete installers to trim Nomaflex expansion joint on the job site to create a 1/2” void for sealant. This tool was the Experts Choice for the 2018 Most Innovative Products Award at the World of Concrete.
Videos of the Nomaflex Cutter
Nomaflex expansion joint remains flexible and easily fits around curves and radii and the tear strip stays in place until the installer removes it. The Nomaflex Cutter eliminates material costs and labor of an additional void cap system. Nomaflex expansion joint is an inherent bond-breaker, so no additional bond breaker is required.
Additionally, Nomaflex expansion joint is waterproof and can be stored outside. It will not break or flake due to weather elements. Nomaflex lasts longer and is 100% recyclable. Installers have the added benefit of a lower installed cost when using Nomaflex.
How to Use
The Nomaflex Cutter is easy to use.
- Simply align the Nomaflex expansion joint within the Cutter’s channel and pull the Cutter to score a tear strip.
- Install Nomaflex and pour concrete.
- Once the concrete cures, the tear strip is removed and the sealant is applied.
The Cutter is available in the same thicknesses as Nomaflex: 1/2”, 3/4” and 1”.
To adjust the depth of the cutter blades, follow these steps:
1. Loosen the right blade screw slightly with a small phillips screwdriver. (This allows the blade to move.)
2. Tighten the hex set screw with a 1/16” hex wrench to make the gap smaller or loosen to make the gap bigger.
3. Push Nomaflex through the cutter to reposition the blade. Adjust as needed.
4. Once the desired gap is achieved, tighten the blade screw.
Note: In cold weather, it may be necessary to increase the gap of the blades