At Nomaco, we understand that we are all caretakers of the environment. Our goal is to be able to meet the needs of the present without compromising the needs of the future. We take this responsibility seriously and have modeled our business to ensure that we are best utilizing our resources and promoting business practices that lessen our impact on the environment.
Our philosophy for Environmental Stewardship is based around 3 key elements: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Some of the specific activities we are doing include:
- Partnering with our customers to develop innovative solutions that minimize material usage
- Developing high-yield solutions for fabrication partners to minimize the amount of waste they send to landfills
- Streamlining our internal business processes to minimize waste and inefficient use of resources
- Eliminating pallets from virtually all of our products so that we minimize unnecessary packaging
- Recycling 95% of our processed foam for re-use in other products
- Recycling 100% of our used corrugate
- Utilizing up to 100% recycled material in certain products depending on product and application
- Developing innovative formulations and processes that are environmentally friendly such as:
In addition, sustainability is reflected in many of the products and markets we serve. For instance, we deliver OEM component solutions that insulate for better efficiencies, we create biodegradable consumer packaging solutions that lessen the impact of landfill waste on the environment, we offer industrial product solutions that minimize the negative impact of oil spills and we manufacture products that promote healthy and safe, sustainable lifestyles.
We are committed to continuing to explore activities and product innovations that help promote sustainable and environmentally responsible solutions.