The Assistant Flex Operator is a new position in Nomaco. This role assists operators and production associates in extrusion, conversion, recycle (regrind), warehousing, and quality control areas at HQ (Polyethylene – PE) and GNIC (Polypropylene – PP). The position will be assigned to work areas by the reporting department and will receive daily supervision by the shift supervisor or supervising lead. Assistant Flex Operators are a talent pool for future opportunities. The role enables the performance and flexibility needed to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Enable the performance and flexibility needed to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Support world class culture by consistently demonstrating attitude, teamwork, performance, and personal development. Keep safety and quality as a priority every day.
- Flexibility to adjust to different day to day requirements. Depending on business needs, this assistant flex operator will serve in extrusion, conversion, regrind, and warehouse areas.
- Assist in startup, setup, change over, and machine operation of extrusion, conversion, and regrind equipment following established policies and procedures to achieve and exceed performance standards.
- Load, change, and blend materials. Support material handling processes for raw materials, work-in-process materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Learn to read specifications, drawings, policies and procedures to determine material, process and machine setups and adjustments needed to ensure product quality.
- Work with the quality team to perform quality assurance and quality control tasks for the product and process.
- Observe machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Perform operator maintenance and submit work orders and suggestions to remedy issues as needed.
- Participate in 5S and other continuous improvement and problem-solving activities.
- Maintain, recommend improvements, and draft required documentation and videos on processes and work instructions.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested, directed, and assigned.
Qualifications, requirements, and desired characteristics
- High school diploma or GED is required at time of hire, with ability to achieve a technical certificate or associate degree related to advanced manufacturing in an approved timeline
- 1 month of experience with Nomaco in operations or warehousing, with 6 months of experience in a manufacturing role preferred
- Lean White Belt, or ability to achieve within 6 months of hire
- Become certified to operate a fork lift within 6 months
- Analytical ability to comprehend and perform moderate-level math calculations
- Strong communication and computer skills with the ability to use technically precise language as needed, both verbal and written
- Dedicated to high-performance, ability to recover quickly and learn from mistakes and failures with a growth mindset, and well organized
- Able to work with, coach others, and be coached in a fast-paced environment
- Model a great attitude, team dynamics, and individual performance
- Ability to perform moderate levels of lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs
- Discipline to follow and kindly request everyone follow all safety and health policies and procedures