Both therma-cel and therma-cel sheet polyethylene foam insulation have low thermal conductivity and a very low water vapor transmission rate. They exhibit excellent thermal, physical and chemical-resistant properties across a wide range of high and low temperatures. Plumbing systems, chilled water or air conditioning lines, as well as large diameter piping, tanks and vessels are all appropriate applications for therma-cel products. These foam products are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor applications, including underground burial.
In tube form, therma-cel is a black, pre-slit foam tube to which pressure-sensitive adhesive is applied to both seam surfaces, then finished with convenient release tabs for easy installation. It is available in a wide range of thicknesses and inner diameters.
In foam sheet insulation form, therma-cel is available in white or black foam, in a range of thicknesses up to 2 1/2″ and 36″x48″ sheets or 48″ x 50′ wide rolls.
Both therma-cel tube and sheet products are made in the USA and have the following certifications:
- ASTM C 1427, Type 2, Grade 1
- New York City OTCR #13-09
- Meets USDA Requirements
- ASTM E 84 1″ 25/50-tested according to UL 723 and NFPA 255
- Complies with requirements of CAN/ULC S102-M88
- Specification Compliance ASTM C 1427, NFPA 90 A/B.
- City of Los Angeles, General Approval, Research Report RR 8316 (therma-cel® tube only)
- Dade Co., Fl., Product Control Approved, Acceptance #95-1215.08 (therma-cel® tube only)
- UL94 HF-1 File #E147665 (therma-cel sheet only)
- UL723 File #R-22380 (therma-cel sheet only)
- Sound transmission co-efficient = 11 at 1″ per ASTM E 90