Nomalock and Nomaply polyethylene foam insulation exhibit excellent thermal, physical and chemical-resistant properties across a wide range of high and low temperatures. The products have low thermal conductivity and a very low water vapor transmission rate. Nomalock and Nomaply are made for use on plumbing systems, chilled water or air conditioning lines, as well as large diameter piping, tanks and vessels. These products are well-suited for both indoor and outdoor applications, including underground burial.
Nomalock, a black, pre-slit foam tube with pressure-sensitive adhesive and convenient release tabs on both seam surfaces, which eases installation. Nomalock is available in a wide range of inner diameters and thicknesses.
Nomaply is available in black or white foam, in a range of thicknesses up to 2 1/2”. This product can be purchased in 36”x48” sheets or 48” wide x 50’ long rolls.
Nomalock/Nomaply products are made in the USA and meet the following certifications/specifications:
- ASTM C 1427, Type 2, Grade 1
- New York City OTCR #13-09
- Meets USDA Requirements
- ASTM E 84 1″ 25/50-tested according to UL 723 and NFPA 255
- Complies with requirements of CAN/ULC S102-M88
- Specification Compliance ASTM C 1427, NFPA 90 A/B.
- Sound transmission co-efficient = 11 at 1″ per ASTM E 90
- City of Los Angeles, General Approval, Research Report RR 8316 (Nomalock only)
- Dade Co., Fl., Product Control Approved, Acceptance #95-1215.08 (Nomalock only)
- UL94 HF-1 File #E147665 (Nomaply only)
- UL723 File #R-22380 (Nomaply only)