FlexTherm elastomeric insulation products are used to retard heat gain and prevent condensation or frost formation on cold equipment, ducts, or large outer diameter pipes. It also effectively retards heat loss when used on hot equipment, ducts or large pipes. FlexTherm elastomeric sheet insulation can be used as duct covering. FlexTherm elastomeric insulation is recommended for applications ranging from -70°F to 220°F (-57°C and 104°C). FlexTherm products can be used in indoor and outdoor applications, including underground burial.
FlexTherm tube products are available in un-slit or a double seal system comprised of a pre-slit tube with a factory-applied, pressure-sensitive, modified-acrylic adhesive with scrim reinforcement on the seam surface and a flexible PVC overlap tape with acrylic adhesive for doubled seam security. FlexTherm is available in a wide range of thicknesses and inner diameters.
FlexTherm sheet is available in sheets (36” x 48”) or rolls (48” wide) and a variety of thicknesses up to 2-1/2”. It is supplied in black color.
FlexTherm products are made in the USA and meet the following certifications/specifications:
- ASTM C 534 Type 1, Grade 1
- ASTM D 1056-00-2B1
- New York City MEA 186-86-M Vol. V
- USDA Requirements
- UL 94-5V Flammability Classification (Recognition No. E300774)
- ASTM E 84 1-1/2″ 25/50-tested According to UL 723 and NFPA 255
- Complies with requirements of CAN/ULC S102-03
- FMRC 2006 Approval Guide Chapter 14 Pipe Insulation
- NFPA No. 101 Class A Rating
- Meets requirements of NFPA 90A, 90B
- Meets requirements of UL 181 and ASTM G 21 (Mold Growth/Air Erosion)
- Meets requirements of California ECB Title 24
- Meets energy code requirements of ASHRAE 90.1 and 189.1