Arcticflex polyethylene foam insulation has a low thermal conductivity and a very low water vapor transmission rate. Arcticflex exhibits excellent thermal, physical and chemical-resistant properties across a wide range of high and low temperatures. Arcticflex can be installed on plumbing systems, chilled water or air conditioning lines, as well as large diameter piping, tanks and vessels. It is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor applications, including underground burial.
Arcticflex is a white pre-slit foam tube to which pressure sensitive adhesive is applied to both seam surfaces, then finished with convenient release tabs for easy installation. Arcticflex is available in a wide range of thicknesses and inner diameters.
Arcticflex products are made in the USA meet the following certifications/specifications:
- ASTM C 1427, Type 2, Grade 1
- New York City OTCR #13-09
- Meets USDA Requirements
- ASTM E 84 1″ 25/50-tested according to UL 723 and NFPA 255
- Complies with requirements of CAN/ULC S102-M88
- Specification Compliance ASTM C 1427, NFPA 90 A/B.
- City of Los Angeles, General Approval, Research Report RR 8316
- Dade Co., Fl., Product Control Approved, Acceptance #95-1215.08
- Sound transmission co-efficient = 11 at 1″ per ASTM E 90